Join our mailing list and stay up to date with the progress and opportunities at the Victorian Pride Centre
Inclusive Practice Education and Training – Diversity Project
The ‘Diversity Project’ aims to create a safer, more inclusive and healthier community in the City of Greater Shepparton and beyond for young people who are LGBTIQA+.
The Diversity Project is an early intervention and prevention program focussing on LGBTIQA+ young people at risk of or experiencing social and emotional well-being issues and work with young people up to the age of 25.
Part of the project is to develop and deliver Inclusive Practice and Education Training. Using peer lived experience and best practice knowledge each training is modified dependent on the need, time frame and skills.
Training and education sessions are free and are appropriate for school staff and students, education providers, community and health services organisations, clubs, businesses, medical professionals etc. Time frames range between 90 minutes and 3 hours.
Topics covered can include:
- Understanding language and the terms presented in the acronym.
- The difference between sex, sexuality and gender
- The gender affirmation pathway
- Understanding pronouns
- Coming out conversations and safety planning
- Language and re framing language
- Gender norms and stereotypes
- Being an ally to an LGBTIQA+ person
- Improving policy and procedures, and assistance to integrate inclusive practice into the workplace
- Best practice guidelines
- Referral pathways
We are a part of Uniting Goulburn North East, who are registered as a: Charity.
More detailsLGBTIQ Owned and Operated: No
Service Delivery Format:
- - Face-to-face
- - Hume
Opening Times: Normal Business Hours