Join our mailing list and stay up to date with the progress and opportunities at the Victorian Pride Centre
- This event has passed.
Queer Social: Customising Shoes with delsi
September 8, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$5
Turn your basic white shoes into a piece of art!
Come and spend an evening with delsi learning how to customise your own shoes.
We will use high quality Angelus shoe paint to create the shoes of your dreams.
There will be heaps of colours to play with – including ones with pretty pink sparkles in them.
All other materials provided – just come and have a wonderful time!
This event will be half social fun times with a bunch of like minded queer people and half super cute workshop times!
What will we cover?
This is a hands on class you’ll learn:
- How to prepare different types of shoes for painting – including cleaning up scuffs and stains
- The best paint for your shoe fabric
- Customising a design
- How to paint base colours or splatter designs
- How to finish off your shoes to protect your precious designs
What should I bring?
Bring a pair of shoes to paint. We recommend leather, vegan leather, canvas or sneakers for best results.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
delsi (she/her) is a proud queer femme lady who loves nothing more than snuggling with her cat whilst crafting.
delsi is an ex-highschool teacher turned LGBTQIA+ Inclusion Trainer, Director of the organisation Unicorns and Marriage Celebrant.