Join our mailing list and stay up to date with the progress and opportunities at the Victorian Pride Centre
- This event has passed.
Sunday Sizzle – December 4
December 4, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree entry
At our next Sunday Sizzle on December 4 we’re celebrating 50 years of Gay Liberation with an afternoon of music, drinks, exhibitions, and community connection. Everyone is invited to wear their favourite ‘spirit of the 70’s’ activism t-shirt to mark the occasion.
No bookings required for this all-ages event.
Our nostalgia-tinged December edition of Sunday Sizzle features:
– Rainbow Flag-raising ceremony with Gay Libbers at 1.30pm
– Gay Stuff Markets (1pm to 5pm)
– Activist badges available from the Concierge desk
– Queer anthems from the last five decades playing throughout the centre
– Exciting new exhibitions by David Thai and Lisa Ray
– ‘The Making of the Victorian Pride Centre’ exhibition and book available
PLUS, a 70s-style activation by our fabulous Major Partner, L’Oreal Australia!
Please note that there will be a photographer on site between 1pm and 4pm taking photos at the Markets and of the exhibitions.
This is a wheelchair-accessible and non-smoking venue.
See you from 1pm to 6pm on Sunday 4 December! 🌈
‘Gay Liberation’ badge and ‘I am a lesbian’ t-shirt images supplied by the Australian Queer Archives; crowd image by Luke David.