Join our mailing list and stay up to date with the progress and opportunities at the Victorian Pride Centre
OUT in the OPEN Festival Shepparton
OUTintheOPEN is Shepparton’s festival celebrating LGBTI+ pride and community diversity.
OUTintheOPEN was developed to address some of the inequalities faced by the local lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex plus gender/sexuality diverse (LGBTI+) communities and to build a more inclusive community in Greater Shepparton.
OUTintheOPEN is a project led by Goulburn Valley Pride Inc. and is proudly supported by many other organisations and community groups, including:
• headspace Shepparton
• Uniting Kildonan Shepparton
• PFLAG Greater Shepparton (Parents, Family members & Friends of Lesbian & Gay people)
• Diversity Group (same-sex attracted & sex and gender diverse young person’s social-support group)
• Goulburn Valley Health
• Primary Care Connect
• Centre for Excellence in Rural Sexual Health (CERSH)
• Relationships Australia Victoria
• Goulburn Valley Primary Care Partnership
• Greater Shepparton City Council
• Goulburn North East Women’s Health
• Goulburn Valley Hotel
• La Trobe University
• Victoria Police
• Word and Mouth
• WayOut – Cobaw
• The Bridge Youth Service
The festival generally consists of a health/wellbeing forum(s) in Shepparton’s CBD and a Carnival day on the first weekend in November at the Queens Gardens. Numerous other events occur during the weekend across the City of Greater Shepparton.
We are registered as: Not-for-profit.
More detailsLGBTIQ Owned and Operated: Yes
Service Delivery Format:
- - Face-to-face
- - Online forum/Group
- - Phone
- - Website
- - Hume
Opening Times: 2019, October 31 - November 10