The Victorian Pride Centre LGBTIQ+ Community Reference Group (CRG) was established in 2018 and provides an opportunity for a broad range of intersecting LGBTIQ+ perspectives and experiences to be considered during the build, establishment and operation of the Pride Centre.
We are looking for new members to join the existing group for a two-year term.
Expressions of interest close 9am on Friday 11 November 2022.
If you are LGBTIQ+ and:
- Enjoy working collaboratively and developing mutual respect
- Are an active listener, willing to consider and empathise with wide-ranging points of view
- Have connections within LGBTIQ+ communities and/or organisations
- Have some understanding of current/contemporary issues faced by LGBTIQ+ communities and marginalised communities.
We encourage you to express your interest to become a member. To ensure the CRG is representative of a wide range of voices across our communities, we particularly encourage expressions of interest from:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Seniors and young people
- Transgender, gender diverse and non-binary people
- People with an Intersex variation
- People of faith
- People from diverse cultural backgrounds
- People living with a disability
To apply, please fill in the EOI form here.
Assistance will be provided for anyone who has difficulty accessing and/or completing the online EOI form.
The CRG meets quarterly, two meeting sessions will be held each quarter to allow for flexibility in member attendance. Meetings will be a hybrid of online and various locations around Victoria in order to allow accessibility to everyone.
The remaining meeting dates for 2022 are:
Wednesday 23 November, 5-7pm – Zoom only
Saturday 22 November, 12-2pm – In-person at VPC and Zoom
To ensure representation of views across the LGBTIQ+ community, a commitment to attendance is required. Members must be able to attend 6 out of the 8 quarterly meetings (75 per cent) over the two-year term.
Membership is a non-paid voluntary position. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed for members who do not reside in the Melbourne metropolitan area.
Who can I contact for more information about the LGBTIQ+ Community Reference Group?
Apply online by filling in the EOI form here.
Image: Community Reference Group in Geelong earlier in 2022