Enter your dog into the Pride Centre’s inaugural Pride Mascot Competition Say Pride, Say Pet!
Have your dog strut the pink carpet at the Pride Centre and enjoy the warm appreciation of the crowd as our MC comedian Geraldine Hickey and our three judges (VPC Ambassador Tony Briffa and two mystery judges) choose the Pride Centre’s first doggy Mascot.
There are five fun categories to enter with a maximum of eight dogs competing in each category. There is also an overall People’s Choice Winner. Our fabulous judges will then choose a Mascot for 2023 from dogs competing in all categories. Enter your pooch and be in the running for prizes for each category. The dog chosen to be the Pride Centre Mascot for 2023 will be featured in Pride Centre’s social media, walk in Midsumma Pride March with the Pride Centre team and win some choice doggie prizes.
Say Pride, Say Pet! takes place on Sunday 6 November, 2pm – 4.30pm at the Pride Centre and is part of the free event Sunday Sizzle, 1pm to 6pm. Come watch the dogs strut their stuff while enjoying a BBQ, bar and entertainment. We’ll have a raffle on the day to fundraise for the Pride Centre’s Rooftop Pavilion campaign.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED
There will be a raffle on the day with some wonderful prizes supplied by generous event supporters:
- W Melbourne
- The Hotel Esplanade
- Selina Hotel
- Szade Sunglasses
- Ange Pet Salon
- Fair Dinkum Dogs, and
- a double pass to Years and Years Rooftop Concert at the Pride Centre
Raffle entries can only be made in person at the Pride Centre.
Sunday Sizzle 6 November Raffle
Terms and Conditions : 1.The Victorian Pride Centre, 79 – 81 Fitzroy St, St Kilda, Australia, is the Organiser of the Sunday Sizzle 6 November Raffle with prizes generously provided by above suppliers. 2. Representatives, employees, business partners and their affiliates, servants/or agents of advertising and/or suppliers of the Organiser are not eligible. 3. To enter the competition an entrant must purchase a raffle ticket at a price of $35. Multiple tickets can be purchased. 4. The Raffle is conducted 06.11.22, 1-5pm. Winners will be chosen by lottery at the Victorian Pride Centre on 06.11.22 at 5pm and notified live or by phone. 5. Winners will be announced on the Victorian Pride Centre’s social media channels, either Instagram or Facebook. 6. The prizes will be emailed and posted to the winners. 7. The Organiser is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. 8. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. 9. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance and agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Say Pride Say Pet Guidelines
- All LGBTIQ+ people and allies can enter the competition, with the exception of Victorian Pride Centre staff and Board members
- Participants can enter their dog in a maximum of three categories in the overall competition
- Successful participants will be notified by email
- Only one dog per adult handler/owner
- Participants must handle their dogs with a properly fitted collar and leash
- Participants promise to pick up and dispose of their dog’s waste in the trash cans provided on site
- Dog must be removed from the event if the dog acts aggressively towards other people or dogs or poses a safety risk
- Owners release the Victorian Pride Centre, judges and sponsors, observers or participants of any liability
- The Victorian Pride Centre staff and volunteers reserve the right to ask any person and their dog to leave the Say Pride, Say Pet! at any time for any reason
- Owners must provide veterinary records verify that the participating dog is up to date on vaccinations of Adenovirus, Distemper, Parvovirus and Rabies. Owners must certify, via the Entry Form, that their female dog is not in heat at the time of the event
Enter your pup in one of 5 categories (you can enter one dog into a maximum of 2 categories):
Dog Diva….is your dog a sassy queen?
Twinning – owners who look like their dogs
Butter wouldn’t melt….for dogs who charm with in public but rule inside the home/dog park/board room.
My Dog, the superhero. Feel free to come dressed as a super hero!
I am a survivor…Rescue dogs and their stories of survival
All dogs will be in the running for a People’s Choice Winner, voted by community by ballot during event. Announced on the day with the dog winner there.
Note that only the dogs owned by participants competing in the competition as well as care dogs are allowed at the Pride Centre on 6 November. Currently only assistance animals are allowed in the common spaces of the Pride Centre generally.