Join our mailing list and stay up to date with the progress and opportunities at the Victorian Pride Centre
Dykes on Bikes Melbourne
Dykes on Bikes Melbourne Inc (DoBM) is a volunteer-run, not-for-profit motorcycle club, formed at a meeting held at the Glasshouse Hotel in Collingwood on 25th June 2011. DoBM was incorporated in July 2011, under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act (VIC) – Incorporation No. A0056357D.
We’re an official chapter of the original Dykes on Bikes, San Francisco Dykes on Bikes, receiving approval of affiliation in August 2011, and the “San Fran patch” (shown in our profile picture) is proudly worn by DoBM members.
Our membership includes LBTQIA+ folx who identify as a woman, or as non-binary or genderqueer, and whose gender is aligned to womanhood or female identity, and who are attracted to the same.
- Fundraising to benefit the Victorian LGBTQIA+ community is one of the main purposes of Dykes on Bikes Melbourne Inc.
- Through dedicated fundraising activities, we’ve been able to make donations to Housing for the Aged Action Group (HAAG), Koorie Pride Victoria, Thorne Harbour Health, WayOut Program, Midsumma Pride March, Bent TV, Star Observer, and The Australian Queer Archives (formerly the Australian Lesbian and Gay Archives Inc).
- In our inaugural year we donated money to RSPCA Victoria, The Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre Melbourne and The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne.
- We’ve also supported many charity rides including the Pink Ribbon Rides, White Ribbon ride, Brown Ribbon Ride, BACA – 100-mile ride, Black Dog Ride and various Toy Runs around Victoria. In 2013 we hosted a poker run in the Bendigo area raising money for the Black Dog Institute and Righteous Pups Australia.
- You’ll find us every year at the front of the Midsumma Pride March in St Kilda and the ChillOut Festival in Daylesford.
- Members travel to Sydney each year to lead the yellow contingent in the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
- We’ve had members travel to participate in Brisbane Pride March, Adelaide Pride March, Rainbow on the Plains in Hay NSW, San Francisco Pride March, San Francisco Dyke March, San Francisco Trans March, San Diego Pride March, Brooklyn Pride March and Brighton UK Pride March.
- We have around 70 members throughout Victoria, including greater Melbourne, Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula, Gippsland, the Wimmera and the Central Highlands.
- Our members ride a wide variety of bikes and scooters and comprise all skill levels as riders.
- DoBM Inc hold monthly rides and meetings, café meet and greets, weekenders, day rides, night rides, interstate trips, international trips, social events, fundraisers, pride marches, charity rides, winery tours, pool hall days, lawn bowls, paintball, BBQs, and much more!
- You don’t have to ride to become a member, and non-riding members play an invaluable role in DoBM. Non-riding members are often the partners of riding members, but anyone who meets the membership criteria and wants to be involved in our incredible family is welcome to apply for membership.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
- If you’re interested in becoming a member of Dykes on Bikes Melbourne Inc, or would like to connect with our Club for any reason, please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are registered as: Not-for-profit.
More detailsLGBTIQ Owned and Operated: Yes
Service Delivery Format:
- - Face-to-face
- - Online forum/Group
- - Website
- - All of Victoria
Opening Times: Anytime