Join our mailing list and stay up to date with the progress and opportunities at the Victorian Pride Centre
La Trobe University Queer Counsellors
La Trobe University has dedicated Queer Counsellors who have experience in supporting students with diverse sexualities and gender identities, and are available at the Bundoora and Bendigo campuses (or by phone from the Mildura, Shepparton and Albury-Wodonga campuses).
Queer counselling is free and confidential. Having a safe space to speak freely about what’s going on, without being judged, can help people work through problems and gain new perspectives and solutions.
Some common issues that people talk through with Queer Counsellors are:
- Questioning sexuality or gender and getting to know yourself
- Relationship issues
- Coming out (or ‘inviting in’)
- Coping with dysphoria
- Being misgendered
- Dealing with transphobia, homophobia, biphobia or acephobia
- Feeling isolated and wanting more connection
- Family issues
- Tensions between religion and sexuality/gender
- Self-acceptance and self-compassion
- and any other personal or mental health issues that are affecting your life.
The whole La Trobe Counselling Service is proudly queer-friendly too, so you are also welcome to see any of our other counsellors to talk through LGBTIQA+ issues.
More detailsService Delivery Format:
- - Face-to-face
- - Metro North
- - Loddon Mallee
AccessibilityWheel Chair accessible
How to contact us
Phone Number: 9479 2956
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe University
Plenty Rd & Kingsbury Dr
View on Google maps