Join our mailing list and stay up to date with the progress and opportunities at the Victorian Pride Centre
LGBTIQA+ Family Violence Network
The LGBTIQA+ Family Violence Network was established in October 2017 as a Victorian statewide network built to support mainstream family violence services, generalist community organisations and LGBTIQA+ organisations to support LGBTIQA+ clients effectively. The Network currently constitutes over 74 such organisations and has over 170 members. The Network works to ensure that the voices, needs and family violence/intimate partner violence experiences of the LGBTIQA+ community are represented across Victorian family violence organisations, and to ensure improved outcomes for LGBTIQA+ people experiencing family violence/intimate partner violence by working collaboratively across the sector.
The Network runs forums and seminars on relevant topics to grow the skills and capacities of its member organisations in responding to community needs around family violence/intimate partner violence (FV/IPV). The Network also meets quarterly to:
- promote collaboration between services on issues of LGBTIQA+ FV/IPV service provision
- share knowledge, resources and education on LGBTIQA+ FV/IPV service provision, throughout the realms of prevention, early intervention and response
- provide a space for members to raise issues and brainstorm solutions to matters of LGBTIQA+ FV/IPV best practice
- engage in consultation and collaboration with the LGBTIQA+ community
- advocate for change as necessary in the space of LGBTIQA+ FV/IPV service provision.
We are a part of Rainbow Health Victoria, who are registered as a: Not Applicable.
More detailsLGBTIQ Owned and Operated: Yes
Service Delivery Format:
- - Face-to-face
- - Online forum/Group
- - All of Victoria
- - Melbourne CBD
Opening Times: Normal Business Hours
AccessibilityWheel Chair accessible