Join our mailing list and stay up to date with the progress and opportunities at the Victorian Pride Centre
Monash Health Gender Clinic
The Monash Health Gender Clinic accepts referrals for individuals who are aged 17 and above and reside in Victoria and Tasmania. The Gender Clinic provides: individualised, client-centred care for trans, gender diverse and non-binary people, their families and partners, aiming to improve health and well-being; and resources for health care providers and community and advocacy groups. The Gender Clinic welcomes sister-girls and brother-boys from our Indigenous communities.
The Gender Clinic is a multidisciplinary team providing services for trans, gender diverse and non-binary people, including:
- Assisting a client to explore their gender identity;
- Assessing whether a person is experiencing gender incongruence in accordance with international guidelines, and exploring medical and social interventions which may assist;
- Assessing whether clients have mental or physical health issues that need to be managed;
- Referring, as appropriate, to experienced private or public clinicians to assist with hormone therapy, surgery, psychotherapy, voice therapy or other mental or physical health issues;
- Providing social work and psychological support with issues related to an individual’s gender transition;
- Advocating for access to health services.
The Gender Clinic can refer within Monash Health (or externally) for:
- Some obstetric, gynaecological and andrology surgeries
- Initial assessment for fertility preservation.
- Laser hair removal
The Gender Clinic refers externally for:
- Most surgeries: breast reduction or enhancement, genital surgeries (vaginoplasty)
- Psychological services;
- Peer support;
- Fertility preservation
- Speech therapy
Access to specialist assessments is available publicly or privately; a list of private providers is on the website. If you are interested in attending the Gender Clinic (at no cost to you, but with a lengthy waitlist), please request a referral to the Gender Clinic from your GP and complete the General Information Form found on the website.
At Monash Health we are working towards a more inclusive workplace and patient experience (Gender Clinic and LGBTI Subcommittee at Monash Health).
We are a part of Monash Health, who are registered as a: Not-for-profit.
More detailsLGBTIQ Owned and Operated: No
Service Delivery Format:
- - Face-to-face
- - Phone
- - Website
- - All of Victoria
Opening Times: Normal Business Hours
AccessibilityWheel Chair accessible