Join our mailing list and stay up to date with the progress and opportunities at the Victorian Pride Centre
The Iceberg Foundation
The Iceberg Foundation is a LGBTIQA+ owned and operated mental health service. We are dedicated to providing an understanding, supportive, and non-judgmental environment to those seeking support. Our aim is to provide a safe space for people of all ages, backgrounds and walks of life to work on and through their past, present and future.
Meet Mish (They/Them/Theirs) – Principal Clinician:
Mish is a non-binary and queer therapist of colour, supporting young people, adults, and families across Melbourne. As a social worker, counsellor and EMDR therapist, Mish supports people with a vast array of concerns and has a particular interest in supporting people to navigate the barriers or hurdles they experience to achieving and maintaining mental and emotional wellbeing.
Mish offers online sessions as well as face to face sessions with interpreters. Mish also provides after-hours and weekend sessions to provide flexible services to the community. They currently charge $160 for an hour, $90 for concession or $70 if a person is under 25 and has a valid healthcare card. They are also a qualified social work clinical supervisor.
What else the team at The Iceberg Foundation Offers:
- Therapeutic Support Services:
- Psychology support
- Social work and support
- General counselling
- Career counselling
- Trauma processing therapies
- Peer and psycho-social support work
- Child specific support work
- Low-cost counselling clinic
- Clinical supervision
- NDIS support services
- Capacity building services:
- Specific training and workshops
- Youth and adult mental health first aid
- The SELF Model – A whole-of-school approach to teacher and student mental health:
- Clinical supervision services for teachers
- Youth mental health first aid (YMHFA) training
- Facilitating a sharing of resources across The SELF Model participants
- Access to a resources database
- Leadership engagement and feedback
- Pride Therapy Network Australia (PTNA) – A network of LGBTIQA+ identifying health and human services workers across Australia where we seek to provide a space in where people can feel seen, supported and heard
You can learn more our services here
We offer a free 30 min free consultation with Mish to anyone interested in working with us as we recognise that accessing counselling and support, in general, is a daunting experience for people.
You can learn more about our organisation by heading to our website and social media links towards the right side of this page.
We are a part of The Iceberg Foundation, who are registered as a: Charity.
More detailsLGBTIQ Owned and Operated: Yes
Qualifications: Social Worker and Counsellor
Service Delivery Format:
- - Face-to-face
- - App
- - Phone
- - Factsheet
- - Website
- - Melbourne CBD
- - Metro North
- - Metro West
Opening Times: Normal Business Hours
Weekends and Evenings upon availability
AccessibilityWheel Chair accessible